Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Well Hello Very Large Kitty!

A few days ago Josh and I got a black kitten for Evie and Inara to have as a pet. It was actually a rescue attempt as the kitten had been found by my aunt before it even had it's eye's open. She watched for any signs of the litter's mother to come back but after all day and into the night she decided the kittens would freeze to death if she didn't bring them in. So she did. They didn't even have their eye's open yet, and she had to dropper feed them for the first few days (sounds familiar? yeah we did the same thing 2 years ago). Well anyway we agreed to take one and Evie has deemed it her best friend. Since it isn't fully litter trained yet it sleeps in the bathroom with it's water dish and litter box at night.
Last night in the middle of the night Josh and I both heard a very strange kitty cry. Josh got up aggravated it had awoken him, and I got up to see how the cat had gotten out of the bathroom. I took one step off the bed and called for Josh.

"Josh, Josh, JOSH!!!!" he finally answered me with an aggravated "WHAT??" I said "Close the girl's bedroom door and come help me. There was a HUGE cat in our house... apparently it was a Utah White Lynx!

We have no idea how it got in! It must have been in the house all night since the last time a door was open when when I was cleaning. WOW! The cat ran from one corner to the next as Josh and I tried to safely get it out of the house. It ended up going under our bed (the down side to having a high bed) and tearing through our box-springs trying to hide!!!

(This guy probably weighs close to 55lbs the one 
ran into this morning was only about 30lb)

At about 6:20am we finally got the super sized kitty cat out of our house, checked on the girls and laid back down... just to have the girls wake up! Oh the joys. LOL So we got up. Josh fixed the fence since he had missed his van pool to work and had already called in we decided to take the little girls to the park, and then get "bug juice" at the Holiday Gas Station by our house. We headed home and all worked on various projects. I was tired and the girls have taken 2 naps today. So we skipped pre-school and did some cooking projects and outside projects instead. Now we're getting ready to head out to a Halloween festival and then pick up our lab on the way home!!! YEAH!!! So happy she's finally coming home. :)

As for the Lynx? Well after telling my father and a few friends we decided to call the Burro of Wildlife Management in Utah and they sent someone out to set up traps for him. They said it's a very rare bread that is actually endangered. If caught he will be taken to the Utah Hogal Zoo to access rather he's been living on of food that humans have left out or rather he can be returned to the wild. If kept at the zoo we will actually be given credit for helping to rescue and donate him! How cool is that? In the mean time we have to be careful to keep the kiddos from the traps. :) Luckily it's cold enough outside that I don't think they'll be playing out there much until their new snow suits arrive in the mail.

What a day!

1 comment:

I Heart Comments