Josh looked so shocked! He gave me this "I really have no answer" look and said "I don't know I never get to go to my families stuff, it's the curse of having your parents separate when you're little.". I just hugged him! How hard would that be? I am so grateful I never had to go through this type of a dramatic separation.
Needless to say we looked into our options and found out it was going to be very easy for us to get down to San Diego (where we also went last year) for our family vacation. So we made plans, bought tickets, printed free Sea World Tickets for our family (Thanks Air Force), and Josh ironed his Blues. We thought we were totally ready to go back in May and were so excited we couldn't stand it. Then we did this really silly thing and applied to buy a house, thinking we'd be denied but we'd at least have a list of what we needed... well we got approved. Bought a house, closed on the house and moved, 2 weeks before our trip. Oh yes packing was a blast let me tell you! With our cloths in one house, washer/dryer in another house, and the suit cases to be found packing.... was not my cup of tea!
(this is one of the pictures Evie took!)
The next morning we met up with Josh's brother Dan who was in Las Vegas with friends (how crazy is that we were there the same weekend?) and grabbed some breakfast/lunch together. Then we headed straight to sea world! Evie really really wanted to see a dolphin so that was our priority. Inara couldn't have been any happier getting carried around, and minus the massive bloody nose Evie got from the heat we all had a wonderful time!
We met up with Josh's family right around dinner time and ordered pizza in the hotel room! The next morning Josh brought up breakfast for the girls and I and then slipped off to the graduation with his family. I was going to go but decided that the girls would not last 4 hours sitting in a stadium full of people listening to military graduation speeches. So I decided to take them to the pool instead. I was glad I stayed because both girls slept well past 11am! THEY NEVER SLEEP THAT LATE! We ate breakfast and watched Tom & Jerry on TV!
We were both a little sad but Josh had the final say and he said no. I told him if he changed his mind I'd go even though I had great reserve about doing so, but I feel strongly that even I can not stand between him and his family that is too important of a bond, especially when we are trying to mend ties and get back to our roots so to speak. But we still had an amazing time. Before going to bed we drove back to Old Town and went through the Mormon Battalion Museum it was really interesting.
Josh bought his entire family In And Out burger for dinner, he wanted to do something nice before we left! They seemed to really like it and I know the girls loved having hamburgers for dinner. I was personally ready for a salad (which we got me at Target) and water! The zoo had me parched even though I had been drinking water all day. I cleaned out the car, re-packed everything after the girls fell asleep and had us all ready to go before going to bed. In the morning we got up at 5:40 and were out the door by 6:15am. An hour in the drive I thought I had left my nook at the hotel and was freaking out! But luckily it had just slipped down in the bag I had set it in and I didn't see it at first.
We stopped back in Las Vegas and met up with Dan for lunch, and even got to go see the Star Trek convention at the Rio! EPCI!!!! I wish we had had time to stay all day and get autographs my mom would have just died to have some on her office walls! It was lots of fun the buffet was great but over crowded. It was nice to get to see Dan again on the way home, he's been out of the country for a year with the Navy. Yep Navy, Marines, and Air Force (Josh and his grand-father both!) all in one trip. Josh just needs someone Army in his family (my dad counts right? He was army for years!)
In any case we made it home just after 10pm (long drive!) and actually went to my parents house to get Evie's stuffed animal she had left there. The girls were happy to be back home. IT was a great vacation and Josh and I did a lot of bonding over those few days!
Congrats Eamon! We're so proud of you and your decision you have joined the brave men and women who defend this country, and offer their lives in the service of protecting others, what an Honorable decision! Be safe out there, be brave, be strong and please come back home always!











No comments:
Post a Comment
I Heart Comments