Tuesday, January 11, 2011

You'll Find Me At School Blog

Here's the BLOG: http://apirateschool.blogspot.com/

Evie just recently started reading, she's somewhere between pre-reading and a level 1 reader. But she is pointing out words she knows in books and if you get a level 1 book and ask her word by word what it says she can tell you quite a few of the words (she'll fill in with what she can gather from the pictures for you when she doesn't know).

I posted some videos of her reading, and counting, naming shapes, and naming colors, doing sign language and other activities we've been working. As a result I had quite a few friends ask me "HOW DID YOU TEACH HER THAT?" My short reply is "I spent way too much money, made way too many mistakes, tour my hair out, banged my head into a wall and spent countless hours on google trying to figure out how people DO THIS!" my slightly longer answer is "after buying a ton of programs that didn't work, trying things that were way too complicated, giving up, picking it up again, wracking my brain and crying I realized it really isn't all that hard! After I realized this wasn't difficult the rest came pretty easy, I found programs (most of them free) that did work, and ways to teach that was fun for both of us!"

So alas I have created an entire blog dedicated to what we do everyday as far as homework and how you can do it too! Please if you follow me, support my new blog by following it! I would appreciate the support! Also the more impute the better, if you have found things that work with your kids, or that you want to try with your kids LET ME KNOW! I'm even getting together a little stock pile of prizes, I'm going to have a few drawings on that blog to get some participation going. Toys, gift cards, all soon to be given away! Thanks everyone :)

Here's THE BLOG: http://apirateschool.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Your daughters are very lucky to have you as their mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! Did you "follow the blog"? Let me know what you think or as a mom anything you've done with your kids! I am currently compiling a list of free e-books and online reader books for kids!

    ReplyDelete

I Heart Comments