This is one of those "Kids say the darndest things" posts.
Yesterday I was feeding Evie a steamed vegetable platter for lunch, and she points to her daddy's cookies and says she wants a cookie. I told her no cookies right now. You could see the wheels rolling in her head. She looks at me gets those big puppy eye's and puckers her lips. I laughed and said "Evie I will give you a kiss but I'm still not giving you a cookie" she looks down at her plate (which is mostly empty), puts her hands on her hips, stands up and announces "I'll give nana (Inara) a kiss" ...
Now this is something she knows makes me very happy...
I about fell over! I looked at her and said "Okay go give Inara a kiss" she marches over, puckers her lips and smacks them up against Inara's head. Puts her hands back on her hips and comes over to me. She looks up sticks her hand out and says "cookie?" Yeps he got her cookie! And, I feel totally outsmarted by my 2 year old! But hey a mom can't pass up a chance to see her 2 year old kiss her baby. It's just too precious!
Clever girl! :D
ReplyDelete