Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dairy Free For 30 Days!

Alright so everyone knows I'm crazy about learning holistic medication. I have always read reviews about how horrible Dairy can be for the human body. The recommended maximum amount per day is 3 servings. Most american's eat somewhere between 7 and 9 servings per day. Don't thing you eat that much? Try keeping track tomorrow. Cheese, milk, mayo, sour cream, yogurt, most chocolates, and other items with dairy baked in.

Go to fullsize image

Due to the information I read I decided to do the 30 day Dairy free challenge. The challenge is not for weight loss, or for any other reason then to recognize how much you eat and what it does to your body. It is said that people who don't eat dairy have a higher IQ, run faster and have more endurance. Most singer's will not drink milk or eat dairy before a performance, same with athletes. So if they understand the negative impact it has on your life, perhaps there's more here then a research study by a holistic medication enthusiast.

Go to fullsize image

If you try to just go one day with out dairy you'll realize how much you consume. I really had no idea how much dairy I ate... Until about 48 hours ago. I gave up all Dairy! Nothing with dairy in it. It has been harder ... WAY harder then I thought it was going to be. I go to eat something and read the ingredients, and realize I can't Even though it was canned and didn't require refrigeration, or was a drink I had no idea had dairy in it at all.

Go to fullsize image

My 30 days ends November 5th... wish me luck! I can't even have milk with my dairy free pumpkin pie :) I have however, done a lot of work to get lintel bean butter (regular butter 100 calories per TBLS; lintel bean butter 6 calories per TBLS), Vegetable Cheese (regular cheese 120 calories per serving; Vegetable cheese 30 calories per serving); Dairy free sour cream (made with soy. Regular sour cream 160 per 2 TBLS, soy sour cream 45 calories per 2 TBLS); Soy milk (regular 2% milk 260 calories per serving 1 cup, soy milk 90 calories pers serving 1 cup)... and the list goes on. So I am still cooking, baking, and loving life, I just can't eat anything that is pre-mixed. Today i went to eat pizza and realized I can't do that. Then I was going to eat some craft mac, and realized I couldn't do that either. Mashed potatoes NOPE made with powdered milk... gr! So tomorrow i'm taking home made spaghetti with me to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Comments