Saturday, August 14, 2010

20 Weeks Old!!!

WOW... time flies! My little tiny baby girl is now 20 weeks old. Just for fun I pulled up the blog I did on Evie at 20 weeks old to compare.

It is so much fun to see how they are different and how they are similar. I haven't given Inara nearly as much solid foods as I did Evie (thus far) only because I'm not home with her and when I started giving Evie solid foods I would watch her to make sure she didn't have a problem with them. It's harder when you are at work all day and I just haven't felt as comfortable doing it when I didn't have time to keep an eye on her.

Inara's little feet!

Inare can wake up and play in her crib for well over a half-hour before you even know she's awake. She plays with her feet goos and gaas at the toys hanging on the side of her crib, grabs things and puts them in her mouth (IE the blanket and stuffed animal). Then when you go get her she smiles and plays eye's with you and is so happy you noticed her even though she never made a sound loud enough to hear from the other room. In contrast Evie would make sure you knew the second she woke up! You were required to get her out of her bed with in 2.3333 seconds upon opening her eyes! On the flip side of that it is a rare moment if Inara lets you lay her down in her bed and walk away, putting herself to sleep. which is exactly what Evie always wanted. Just lay me down give me my three B's and go away [B- Blanket, B- Binkie, B- Bunny]

Evie and Inara (Inara 3 weeks old)

Up until recently Inara wanted to be bundled and lay on her back like most babies do. With in the past few weeks she has decided she would rather lay on her tummy (she rolls over now) and she doesn't want to have anything to do with swaddling.

Lil Dragon Rawr!

Both my girls have loved me singing to them! Even now I sing "I love my nana oh yes I do, I love Inara it's true, Inara I love you!" and Evie will come scratching to my lap, dropping everything she's doing to protest "ME TOO, ME TOO!" and the song starts over with "I love Evie oh yes I do..." both girls will sit in my lap and fall to sleep if I sing Damon Slayer (my favorite lullaby of all time).

7 Weeks Old

Inara LOVES toys! She is so much fun to play with toys with because she rattles rattles, pushes buttons, chews on everything and in general loves having something in her hand she can manipulate around. Evie on the other hand was not into toys really until she was almost 9 months old. She liked to play with a few select things but didn't care to have something in her hand all the time except for her stuffed animal. Inara just loves every toy, every bright thing, anything she can grab, it's all so exciting to her!

Biggest Smile baby!!!

I took Evie out on the grass a lot because we lived in our own house and had a beautiful yard I spent hours a day working on... that' just not the case here. The grass in Tooele, is splotchy at best. It's tougher grass not soft grass, it's think and tall and there are rattle snakes, scorpions, black widows, tarantulas, red fox, coyotes etc that we regularly find in our yard. I almost never take the girls to play in our grass. I have taken them to the park a few times and they play in the grass at GG's house. I really don't know how much Inara cares about it. I realize now i need to make more of an effort to get her outside. Hopefully soon our lives will calm down and i can work a few less hours :)

Inara LOVES LOVES LOVES to have music on! Both my girls have but I think Inara loves it more then Evie did. Although they are both just little music mongers! There is always classical music or new age music playing in our house unless someone is watching TV. I put the light classical music channel on (direct tv has it as an option), if it's on Inara will play on the floor for literally hours, if it's off and the house is silent then good luck sitting her down. I even carry around my iTouch (not something I had when Evie was 4 months old) and I put it in her car seat which makes car rides, grocery shopping and work much easier on both of us! Days we forget to charge it are challenging at best.

The Outfit that Started it all... see she was so cute at teh recital it's no wonder I had to go to build-a-bear ITS NOT MY FAULT

Evie liked to color at this age if I put her in her highchair and gave her a crayon and just coated the try of the highchair with paper... Inara just likes to eat the crayons! So we have found other activities for her to do other then color.

My Little Hula Dancer

Another thing that Evie and I did was go jogging. In California I would stay home all day with her so we would get out her carrier and go for a jog. She loved to bounce along with me and would make little noises and we went. She always smiled and quiet often it would rock her to sleep. Now I have a treadmill and we don't have sidewalks where we live so I jog inside. Inara still lays on a blanket next to the treadmill and we often talk or make eye's while I'm jogging she finds it funny! We make silly faces at each other and she loves to stick her tongue out to see if I will do it back. When I do she actually laughs at me!

I didn't buy a baby reading program until Evie was 10 months old, but I did do the ABC's etc with her. Because I already own the program I now do it with Inara too. I never do know how much they understand. I do know Evie points out words to me and tells me what they say on signs, and billboards. I know that in books she will show me words she knows. But it will be awhile before Inara can express that to me. Either way she loves to do it! It's uninterrupted mommy time! We are currently working on colors and animals and in addition we do the ABC's! She loves the bright pictures and the words must sound funny because she gerggles and giggles while we are watching the little slide show and doing flash cards.

Sisters

And just like with Evie the lullaby toy GG bought has been a life saver! Both girls listened to it to go to sleep, if they start to stir at night clicking it on is a 2 second fix to get to go back to bed. And, because they share a room one button works for 2! :) So wonderful!

The ba ba ba

Inara likes to be out and about she likes to go shopping, see new things, go to work with me and do running around. She likes it when I carry her, or push her in the stroller and talk to her. But she HATES her carseat! She does not want to be in that thing for even 1 minutes, let alone the 45 minutes it takes me to get to work in the morning.

Little Nana!

Inara wants to see the pictures when I read her stories, she wants to watch the TV if it's on, she wants to be involved in the things going on around her. If I am working on the computer and pick her up she wants to type too! She is so very expressive, when she wants something you will defiantly know! If she wants to be picked up she arches her back, if she wants to be put down she goes "boneless" if she wants to sleep she rubs her eye's and pulls the blanket up over her head. If she wants food she opens her mouth and squawks like a baby bird until something is inserted. When she wants someone else to take her she looks at them, throws her eyebrows up and puts her arms out! She is even expressive over being mad at you! She will wants someone else to hold her then refuse to look at you!

This is my favorite! Grandma Girl Time!

She passes toys from one hand to the other. Rolls over. Puts her hands out for toys or to be picked up. Arches her back. Scoots across the floor (and bed if you leave her on one so dont!). And, is one of the happiest babies I've ever seen!

The Lil Pirate and the Lil Dragon

As far as harder times in her life, as most of you know she didn't want to breath when she was first born she had the cord wrapped around her neck, but was fine seconds later. She did have a small eye infection but that was cured in about 3 days with some aloe oil. And, she's now had smoke poisoning which she is recovering from. (our neighbors had an illegal burn 2 nights ago and it filled our house with a black tar like smoke, that caused us all to have respiratory problems, but hit Inara the hardest).

So there is the 20 week update! :) So happy to have my baby girls! I love them both!


1 comment:

I Heart Comments