Saturday, March 5, 2011

Josh's 30th Birthday Week

I love celebrating birthdays all week long, sometimes all month. I think birthdays are by the most neglected holiday! Birthdays celebrate not only the day that a person was born but a new life being brought into the world! What an amazing thing to celebrate!

For Josh's birthday this year I decided to celebrate by spending one day each day this week showing Josh how much we love him by using each of the 5 languages of love.

* On Monday I stopped and got him his favorite scent of Message Oil, pillow spray and lotion. I also wrote him a gift card for a message! He got to lay and watch one of his TV shows while enjoying a 45 minute full body message. :) This was for "Touch"

* On Tuesday we got the girls down to bed early, paid my sister to babysit for us and snuck off to Tucano's Brazilian Grill. Josh and I ate dinner together, walked though the Gate Way and even picked up cookies from Ben's before heading home. Then we watched TV til' nearly 2am, snuggled and enjoyed the peace and quiet. This was for "Quality Time".

* On Wednesday I surprised him with a gift card to use on the Playstation so he could download Magic (a game he has wanted for while) after dinner we all sat in the front room and played for quite awhile. The little girls put together puzzles while Josh and I played. It was a way fun game, I still enjoy having my physical cards, but it's defiantly a good way to play when the girls are running around. This was for "Gifts"

* On Thursday I took a bunch of Josh's photos from High School, Basic Training, Deployments etc that he had stored in a tin container (which his grandmother sent him while he was at basic training) and put them in a flip photoalbum. He keeps talking about wanting to show them off but they were all wrapped up in old letters etc and weren't easily accessible. So the letters are now safely tucked into the tin and pictures are easily shown off! He was so happy! This was for "Service"

* On Friday there was only one love language left. Words of affirmation. I have always loved how Josh's looks, and have made it clear how much I think he's a total hunk! However, he has recently started saying how much he needs to work out more, and how he wanted a bar he could do pull ups on. So I got him a pull-up bar, and an iTunes gift card to download a work out playlist! :) I tell him everyday how much I love how he looks but this was my way of supporting his efforts to stay in shape! This was for "Words of affirmation".

Now today is his birthday! YEAH!!! I have to stop and get birthday balloons on my way home from work and then LET THE PARTY BEGIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Comments