1. The Internet! I have a real problem with the phrase "I have always wondered." or "I wonder." Unless it is followed by "let's find out"! Because with the entire world sitting in your lap HOW COULD ANYONE EVER WONDER ANYTHING? Why take your time and energy to wonder when you can know??? I wondered once "What the internet was." I found with in a matter of about 45 minutes (reading a manuscript by a professor at Oxford), I wondered once "Who is telling the truth about this health bill" 1018 pages later... I knew. If you wonder, you can know. The internet was not "invented" but it was discovered, and a very small part of it was harvested. The part that holds our entire history, not ot mention it's the closest thing to the universal consciousness that is tangible in any way.
2. Cell Phones! How many people have been rescued, how many lives saved? Just because we could call with out being tied to a wall? I love my little phone.
3. GPS! I love my GPS I take the girls places I probably wouldn't venture. I am able to take cross state trips by myself and know where I am. I love it! Not to mention I use mine to find my way back to those little places you say "when I have time I want to check that out"! Yeah for GPS.
4. HOT WATER! Yep I pretty much Love me some hot water! Living in a house with so many people it wasn't always an option to take a hot shower, but now that I'm older... I'm a hot shower snob! I just won't get in unless it's the temperature I desire :)
5. Play Station/Wii/Xbox/Satellite TV! I love playing video games, streaming movies, watching you tube videos, listening to music, sorting pictures on the big screen, showing off home clips of the girls, inviting friends for sporting events, having group kareoke and more! These little boxes, bring so much entertainment and happieness.
6. Cameras! To think not that long ago the only place a picture could be imprinted was upon your mind. Stored only in memory and taken to your grave. Now we can SEE things that happened days, weeks, decades ago! WOW... to save a memory is priceless.
7. MP3s! My favorite form right now is the iPod Touch which my loving husband not only bought for me for my birthday, but replaced after we lost it! How sweet is that? But truly I heart getting to be able to listen to my favorite music at any given time, and not only listen to my favorite music but to have millions up on millions of titles and artists for world history to modern pop starts at my finger tips! MUSIC I HEART YOU!



LOVE the internet. In fact, I love it too much. I should be doing dishes or laundry right now. Oh well. :D
ReplyDeleteI would get a lot more done in some areas with out it. In other areas I think I'd totally fail! The internet is what allowed us to have our kids at home, help Evie to already be reading at just over 2 years, and is allowing Josh to go back to school. It's a vice and a blessing.
ReplyDelete