Last week was not my week... it started out with a really bad tooth ache. Back in August of last year I went to teh dentist because I had a tooth ache. Unfortunatly he told me there was nothing wrong with my tooth and perhaps I ust had sensitive teeth.
So I swished with Lystorine, as someone suggested.
Then I swished with hydrodin peroxide as someone suggested.
Then I stopped using toothpaist with fluoride as someone suggested.
Then I tried using sensidine.
Finally we made our own toothpaste.
Nothing worked...
So I decided to get a second opinion. Monday I went to a new dentist. Although I really didn't like him, he said my tooth had a HUGE cavity! It was very close to the gum line, and went clear to the root of the tooth. Seems how it was my wisdom tooth he said he would not do a root canal on it, and even if he did it would have to be capped. So we agreed to let him remove it. HOWEVER he didn't take my pain mediation allergy seriously. An hour later, with torn up gums, a loose tooth, huge headache, and allergic reaction that left me being able to only see out of one eye... we left.
That afternoon I was contemplating what to do. I was seriously distraught. We went to the office of the oral surgeon that had done Josh's surgery last year. We asked them if he did wisdom teeth removal, and they said YES! I loved this guy (he let me help with Josh's surgery) *giddy*... he was even willing to do my tooth right then! I felt like crap from the allergic reaction but at least it would be over. So we got all the paperwork done and.... Concordia (our dental insurance) had an issue! We hadn't re-enrolled for 2011 so we were on there but they needed new signatures! AH!!!! This also meant our huge fiasco at Dr. Skinner's office would not be put on our credit card. :(
So we left.. in pain and frustrated. We called Concordia they said we had to give them 3 weeks to process the paperwork. So I rescheduled the surgery for March 3rd and resolved myself to being in pain until then. To make matters worse at this point part of the root of my tooth has been exposed during Dr. Skinner's attempt to remove it.
The next morning I woke up completely congested apparently I had caught a cold due to stress, super bummer. I was ready to just cry. I ate rice and chicken for dinner the night before and realized I was going to have to scrape rice out between the root and gum line. I was in tears as I took a tooth pick to it. During this whole thing my mother called, and asked how my morning was going... I could hardly even tell her how upset I was. The first words out of her mouth were "WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME??" I'm looking at my sad self in the mirror thinking to myself "I don't know" and realizing how pathetic I really sounded. She said she would loan me the money to just go have it done, stop worrying about insurance. Dah! It never even dawned on me to find out how much it was to just have it done! So I called the oral surgeons office (Dr. Greg A. Roberts) and asked. They said it would cost $460.00 and they thought they'd have to put me out for it. I explained my pain mediation allergy and my desire to not have my heart stop during this procedure. The woman who was answering phones simply went back and got Dr. Roberts. He said he'd do it however I wanted him to.
So I called my mom back, and about 10 minutes after getting off the phone with her got a call from my grandmother she says "WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL ME?" I almost laughed but it hurt. I told her the story and she said "no don't have your mom do it she'll need the money back, put it on my Mastercard." LOL! I guess my family doesn't want my tooth to hurt! :)
So we arranged for me to go in that Thursday to get it taken care of. (The soonest he would be back in the office). I was relieved, and super nervous all of the sudden. You see I rarely go into a doctors office or hospital and leave with out suffering some tremendous side effect. My hearts stopping, not breathing, hives, sever rash, not being able to see out of one or both eye's, itching, not being able to feel my lips, face, hands, or feet, and the list goes on.
Thursday rolled around and with a cold, aching mouth, massive headache and short temper I entered the OS ready for battle. I explained my allergies, he asked if there was anything he could use to easy the side effects I told him the one thing I know I can handle and he clapped his hands together with joy "4cc's of what the lady wants" he informed his nurse. And, to work we went. An hour later with out being put out, with out loosing sight, braking into a rash or having to be resuscitation we left one tooth short of when we entered. I was so happy we went to get sushi to celebrate!
After that we picked up the girls, and headed home to make dinner. I felt better... so I was happy about that. I was just really tried... but that's expected. I cleaned house, made dinner, and then went to bed. The next day I went to work and then Josh and I went out with one of his good friends Mark. I got Green Mussels for dinner, and I guess one of them was bad. When I woke up the next morning I puked, up everything I had eaten all week! I couldn't go more then 3 minutes with out running to the bathroom, best part was, I had to go to work. I spent my entire day sweating, running to the bathroom, puking, and shaking. I slipped and busted my lip on the door way... it was just fantastic.
Josh came to my work and brought me some stuff to help settle my stomach the best you can for good poisoning. And pineapple to help work it all out. Pineapple kills the bacteria that causes most strains of food poisoning. As does certain hot peppers.
Sunday I woke up feeling quite a bit better, but only today did I feel 100% again! Happy Valentines to me was that I wasn't tired, itchy, I can see out of both eye's (and in color even), my stomach is holding food again (good food at that) and I can happily say I feel better. :)
What a pain! It sounds like you need a vacation from this past week. I'm sorry. I can commiserate with you on being afraid to go see the doctor, as I usually leave with bruises from blood draws, etc. Ugh. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteThanks Jill... I don't go much at all anymore. But I've gone in for some tiny minor thing and had them stop my heart because they don't listen to me. I have the same type of allergy as people who are allergic to peanuts being too close to some pain medications when they are even just opened will cause me to have a huge reaction. I guess not enough people have had to deal with that to believe me but it's still pretty upsetting.
ReplyDelete