Friday, November 12, 2010

Veteran's Day

Veteran's Day -
Some days I hate it! Some days I want to run screaming, and pull my hair out! Some days I'm determined to save up the money to have on hand the day I just can't take it anymore. Some days I'm just grateful.


Most days I forget to mention how proud I am to be part of what keeps this country what it is. My husband sacrifices a lot. Some things don't seem big, other things are enormous. Little things, like having to shave every day (something that not only is simply time consuming but for Josh it actually causes a health problem).
He's often wanted to grow his hair out, and can not. We buy him new cloths that his co-workers will never see. As his uniform is the only thing he wears to work. We wanted to get him into UFC fighting and he has to submit paperwork to get "permission" first.
We already know he will miss birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays (in fact the only reason he hasn't so far is because he had a stroke/heart surgery). We have waited almost 2 years for paperwork to send us back to training we were at when Josh collapsed during a stroke. We have no recourse but to wait. Josh has had pay checks as much as 7 weeks late, and again nothing we can do.
People often see the ultimate sacrifice as the only one service members risk. Many of them risk their families with the long hours, missed activities, and lack of communication with classified jobs. They give up their "style", their own freedom, and the ability to walk away. These people deserve our thanks! If I even enjoyed a single freedom in this country, then I would have thousands of service men and women to thank. But right now I want to thank my husband for balancing it all so well! He is a great father, true to his job, and the husband of my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Comments