Thursday, October 28, 2010

Gym Class

This week both girls started in Gymnastics. It's amazing that they even do Gymnastics with children this age, but I am so so so glad we found LittleGym! The instructor (Marry) is absolutely amazing with children. And, I have never seen either girl have so much desire to play with other kids!


Tuesday: Was Inara's first class. They worked on the feeling of moving. We moved all around, and upside down. We did assisted tumbling, and exercises to help them build shoulder and tummy muscles. They also showed her how to walk while leaning up against something.... who would have thought you can just show a baby how to walk and they do it??? It was amazing! Just 2 days after her first class she took her first cruise across the front room! Coincidence? I'm not convinced it is!


Thursday: We stepped into Evie's first class. We got there a little early which was a BIG mistake because she got upset with waiting and had that to overcome before class was fun. Luckily Marry (yes they both have the same instructor) quickly recovered the situation by giving her some maracas.

Before class Marry told me that with children Evie's age it often takes 3 to 5 weeks before they get the concept to interact with everyone so to just let her run off and play on the equipment. She said if I participate with class Evie will learn though example what she should be doing. She also told me not to worry about how the other children were acting because they had all been in class for at least 6 weeks so they (for the most part) had already gotten the hang of participation. Evie amazed us all! She did run off and explore but she came back, got my hand and tried to get me to follow her so she could show me things. When I told her I was participating she decided to stay with me and participate. A few minutes later a little girl Lenny who is 3 came over and told Evie "hi". Evie looked at her and said "Hi!" back! Then they ran off together and Evie participated via whatever Lenny was doing!

I won't lie she got easily distracted with all the toys to play with in there. But she followed other little kids around and did what they were doing. She played catch and said "thank you" every time someone threw or handed her a ball!!! Other parents asked how in the world we got her to say "thank you"! She is the youngest child in her class and is also the TALLEST! She shared, and I was so impressed she didn't push, shove, knock over, or take anything away from any other little kid! I have trained her well... LOL jk I can't take credit for that.

At the end of class Evie went to Marry and said "Drinking water?" Marry laughed and said she hadn't ever heard someone so young talk so much! Then she got Evie a cup with some water out of the water fountain in it. And, Evie said "thank you." and walked off...

On the way into the house later that evening Evie looked at Josh and said "Lenny special" Josh was there for class but was practicing Inara's exercises with her rather then participating in Evie's Class so he asked her "Who is Lenny?" Evie replied "Friend." I told Josh that Lenny was the little girl with pig tails Evie was playing with at class. Josh almost cried!

Overall I have to say this is one of the best things we could possibly invest our money in right now! We are teaching them letters, reading, numbers, counting, left/right, shapes, and colors at home right now... but there are just some things they can't learn at home!

P.S. I got a lot less pictures of Evie because I was participating so much... lifting her, running, jumping, doing cart wheels. It's a better work out then you'd think.

1 comment:

  1. How fun for your girls! I remember when Anna did gymnastics when she was small...she kept jumping in the ball pit over and over......even though it wasn't time for the ball pit. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete

I Heart Comments