Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Top 5 Baby Items!

Ok so I might be a new mom but with two little girls and a house full of baby stuff, I have decided there are 5 items that just make my life easier! Here's my top 5 list.

#5 - The iTouch

Go to fullsize image

I downloaded the free sign language apps, and animals sound apps. And Even children's stories. Evie uses my ITouch when we are waiting for appointments, in the car, grocery shopping etc! I LOVE IT!

#4 - The Carrier






Oh the places we will go! I LOVE being able to strap the girls on me (or josh) for boat rides, arcade trips, long hikes, walking around the zoo, etc. We have done so many things that I would have been nervious to do with a little one if I didn't know they were securely attached to me. Now that Evie can walk I don't put her in - but it's getting some good use with Inara, leaving my hands free, and my baby safe!

#3 - Family









Family is a must! Rather they are upstairs, next door, or a hundred miles away. It's just a must! When we were in California we did a lot of webcams, and posted tons of pictures. Now that we live so close (with in walking distance even) to my folks and we try to make a weekend trip at least a few times a month to GG's (it doesn't always happen, it sucks when everyone works different shifts), I sometimes forget to post as many pictures for those who are further away. But I sure try!

#2 - Stuffed Animals















Both my girls are teddy mongers! Evie got her first stuffed animal when she was 1 month old, it was a rabbit Josh had given to me for Easter the year before. She snuggled up to it and fell asleep one night when I was trying to get her to play with it. Ever since then she's had a little furry friend she carries around. We lost the rabbit in the move to Utah when she was 7 months old, but she found a "duck" (also previously mine) and decided it was an expectable replacement. The duck (named ducky) because so rank I had to finally hide it and give her "ribbit" and "doggy" which she now uses. Inara also has her own stuffed animal now a little "ba ba ba" sheep, (reference from Zorro The Gay Blade sorry), and we is quite content to sleep with it.

#1 - Crib Music Box


Can I just say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to GG for this one? I would have NEVER thought this would save my life but it has. BOTH of my girls will lay in front of this thing and put themselves to sleep! Teddy, binki, music they are out like a light! WOW... it's wonderful, if you have a baby and don't have one of these GET ONE! Evie got it for her First Christmas right before I put her in her own room, and wow... it worked like a charm, then when I put Inara in the crib for the first time she was looking at it so I turned it on 2 minutes later... she was out. Now I lay them both down and turn it on, evie doesn't actually watch it anymore as she can't see it from her bed, but the music still helps lull her to sleep. Nothing better then two sleeping girls in their own room, both sleeping soundly. :)

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful how many items we have nowadays to keep our kids happy and safe. :D

    ReplyDelete

I Heart Comments