Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Just Purchased Over $420.00 in Groceries for $206.00

Here's the deal, I have this friend (Kim) who does all this bargain shopping at the grocery store. Now I'm all up for a sale but I have never spent the time to price match, clip coupons etc. Until I was reading her blog and it was making me crazy that I spend so much on food! So this last sunday I got the paper, clipped the coupons and looked though the ads! I took all the ads to wal-mart with me last night and a pad of sticket notes. I picked out the things that were on sale and would put a sticket note on them that read (price match for $--.-- as seen in ad for ___) and stuck it to each product. It took about 2 hour. Yeah that seems like a long time but keep reading...

I got Quaker Granola Bars for 5 for $5.00 and then had a coupon from Quaker we found online that was save $5.00 on any 10 boxes of Quaker Granola Bars!!! So I got 2 of the 5 for $5.00 deals and then saved $5.00 on top of that! Making 10 boxes of Granola bars $0.50 cents a box! Regularly $2.29 each. Oh yeah!!!

We got 5lb bags of Idaho Potatoes for $0.79 Cents a bag! Regularly $3.49 a bag.

Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spreads (I got Fat Free for me and Chive and Onion for Josh) Regularly $1.78 each, for $0.99 as advertised at Smiths plus we saved an additional $0.50 cents by using a coupon that was $0.50 off of any TWO spreads! Total: $149.00 for two for two of them!

We managed to get 2 bags of Kraft Shredded Cheese for free! Smiths had them on sale last week for $1.00 a bag if you bought 5 mix or match items (which we got some other items on the list), and we had a coupon for $2.00 off any TWO Kraft Cheese products 8oz or larger. Thus we got 2 bags at $1.00 each minus the $2.00 coupon at the end... FREE.

All in all we got everything we needed (even the items that were not on sale, or had coupons) and had 2 carts over filled with food, toilet paper, paper towels, boost drinks, and more for $206.00. Next time I'm taking pictures as Kim suggested!


For anyone that wants to keep up on these types of deals check out Kim's Blog at http://dealfindingmama.blogspot.com

Thanks Kim!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Comments