Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 8 Valentine's Day Post

How did you meet and fall in love with your current love?


At work, we both worked at Continental Airlines and we were both bored to tears on the phones! So I started a game where I was e-mailing some friends I had who worked there questions, and they would e-mail me back questions. Most of them were innocent and just to keep general chit chat, well Josh saw that we were doing this and he went over to the "mail boxes" to find out what my last name was and e-mailed me "why don't I ever get to play"... ROFL I didn't even know who he was but I looked around to see if I could figure out who it came from and he was standing up waving!

Go to fullsize image

I laughed and was very happy to have another friend to chit chat with. So I e-mailed him questions and he sent questions back. When I got ready to leave that day he brought a sticket note to my desk with his phone number on it, and it said "let's keep playing, text me"!
We weren't' suppose to e-mail let alone use our phones but oh well, it was our only form of amusement!

Go to fullsize image

After months of e-mailing questions became more and more personal, and the conversations went deeper and deeper. We ended up becoming really good friends, then when he got a divorce we ended up dating. Our very first date was Denny's, he begged me to go hang out with him, I didn't want to because I literally had NO money and was still living in my car (he didn't know that). But finally I convinced myself that I just wasn't going to be hungry and I'd go hang out. When we got there he ordered the meat lover's breakfast and said he wasn't going to eat his pancakes if I at least wanted to pick at those, I did... and they were sooooooo yummy!

Go to fullsize image

Not long after that Jim (a mutual friend) told Josh I was living in my car, and Josh flipped out. He had no idea. He had just gotten a one bedroom apartment at Sky Harbor, so he invited me to share it with him. I was very embarrassed, but graciously excepted. We both worked full time and I could pay half the rent with out a problem. We moved in together that day, and we've been together ever since. Weird how things work out sometimes... but it really is a happily ever after!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Comments