Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Top 10 Movies of 2009

Here is a list of my top 10 movies of 2009! The list is carefully considered and compiled from least to most favorite of my top 10 this year. It was harder than I thought.

10 - UP
I really liked the movie but it was so sad up until the last few minutes. It had some funny moments but overall I just thought it was sad. Good storyline though. Defiantly worth the money to pay for it. As far as animated movies it was just as geared towards adults as it was towards children.

9- The Proposal
I laughed my full head off... typical chick flick but hysterically funny! Some great little twists, and some roll on the ground moments. I am glad Josh went with me because I would have thrown the popcorn all over the people in front of us.

8- Star Trek
Not one single disappointed. I loved SPOCK, I was really prepared for it to me a lame movie but felt like it was wonderfully done in the true spirit of the Next Generation. I absolutely loved it!

7- Transformers
I liked the first one and LOVED the second. I never read the comic strips so I can't offer any sort of fair comparison but I really liked the graphics, and the CG1 was amazing. The acting was better in the second than the first. :) Loved the dad in that movie.

6- Wolverine
I heard a lot of criticism from people who read the comics. I guess I didn't so the movie was fantastic to me! I loved the background on one of my favorite X-Men characters, and I found myself sympathetic to not only him but other characters I had not previously enjoyed as much.

5- Sherlock Holmes
Wasn't what I expected, it had some sever deviance from the books or at least the characters in the books. It also seemed a little cut short, but it was an amazing movie! I loved watching him think - those scenes were my favorite! The "bad guy" did an amazing acting job, and i loved the rewind effect and bantering though out the movie! The choreography was awesome, and the camera work was superb. I may go see it a second time in theaters. Defiantly a re-watch to catch small details missed. I'm sure I"ll be catching details from this movie for several more viewings to come.

4- Fast and the Furious
Yep I'm one of those fast car loving retards! No really I love the movies. I can honestly say I didn't like the second one, but the other 3... yep I love um! I particularly enjoyed the "up" in acting on this one, and the fact that it had a more in depth story line. But mostly I like to watch these movies when I don't want to think. I like a brain dead movie every now and then when I just want to sit down, soak my feet, do my nails and watch something with hot guys and fast cars in it.

3- The Hangover
OMG I almost died laughing. I had tears streaming down my face, and I barely managed to stay on the couch. The basic story line is that 4 guys go to Vegas for a bachelor party. The result? Disaster!!! ROFL it is so funny to see how one little lie/mistake can lead to a tiger in your bathroom, chickens in the hall, and abandoned baby, a stolen police car and a mattress on the roof. Completely unrealistic, hysterically funny, and for anyone that's been to a mando fun, not that far off :) JK

2- Angels & Daemons
I loved the Da Vinci Code and it inspired me to do a lot of research including reading the dead sea scrolls. This movie re-kindled the desire to dig deeper into the history of religion and not just the faith of it.

1- Boondocks Saints II
WOW... This is such a powerful movie, even the violence is completely artisitic. Who ever wrote and directed this movie felt it in their soul. If you haven't seen the first one, defiantly do that first. This one is made exactly 8 years after the first one was, and it takes place 8 years later... so with out the understanding of the first one, you won't even begin to catch up. In fact you may want to consider watching the first one about 12 times before seeing this one. But again, just wow! LOVED IT.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Heart Comments