Sunday, January 11, 2009

- FRUSTRATION -

Hold on to your pants (okay don't do that it looks bad, JK) here goes nothing...
So I am working on doing this temple preparations class, and doing some serious study, which has been lots of fun. Reading the Bible, Book of Mormon, Q'uran, and the Dead Sea Scrolls simultaneously, and comparing the writings. Its actually AMAZING...

See from a strictly historical view point the Q'uarn is from the same set of scrolls that were lost after the Bible's compilation was hastened. Those scrolls were later compiled into a separate book, forming a completely different set of religious view points. The dead sea scrolls were not actually lost but rather hidden, until just a number of years ago when they were "re-discovered" and of all the writings, these are the only ones that have only be translated ONCE. Not only have they not been re-translated a million times, by people with conflicting interest... BUT you can actually obtain a copy of the dead sea scrolls untranslated by anyone!

If you read all three you might actually get a better picture of not only one religion but all of them! For anyone who has the time (religious or not) its an amazing adventure. In addition to the complete fascination with the references one makes to the other (amongst all three writings), you might find some very interesting history in them... such as the birth place of Greek Pantheon and Mythology (IE the Q'uarn).

Anyway, in the midst of my research my mother calls me and gives me the 411 on all the reasons I won't want to be sealed in the temple!!!! GR.... what is with everyone! Everyone has an opinion on what, why and where.

Anyway just to get this out of the way... I'm getting sealed because I want to... not because I think you have to, not because I think other people want me to, not because I think its going to bring a happily ever after, or because I think I'm going to get some brownie points for it... but because I love my family and I want to know that no matter what happens in this life, to me or them, I will have them forever!

1 comment:

  1. Totally didn't know you had a blog. :) Great to hear about your sealing!

    ReplyDelete

I Heart Comments